It is a fabulous idea to just make a little time for yourself to have a few minutes several times a day to do some easy stretches whilst at work. This will make a big difference to how your body manages working at a desk. It has the added benefit of you arriving home in better shape as you will not be as stressed because you have actively worked to reduce some of the strain within you.
- Keep your head still and look up, down and to both sides.
- Look up and away from the screen, at something more than 3 metres away, regularly.
- Gently lower your ear to your shoulder and hold for 10 seconds.
- Slowly roll your chin to your chest and up to the other shoulder. Hold 10 seconds.
- Turn your head and look over your shoulder for 10 seconds on each side.
- Tuck your chin in and upwards and hold for 10 seconds.
- Rotate your shoulders several times forward and backwards. Repeat a few times.
- Stretch your arms behind your head. Bend one arm and use the other to gently pull your elbow downwards for 10 seconds. Repeat several times on both sides.
- Shrug your shoulders up on and in vreath and let them drop on the exhale.
- Interlace your fingers and extend your arms with your palms turned outwards. Hold for 10 seconds then repeat.
- shake your wrists to literally flick out the stress.
- Interlace your fingers, turn your palms outward and stretch your arms in the air. Lean slightly from side to side. Repeat several times.
- Sit up and inhale arch outwards, exhale inwards (seated cat cow!)
- Stand and support your lower back with your hands. Gently arch back for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Lift each foot and rotate your ankle in both directions.
- Point your toes and then curl them up.
- hop up and jump an down for a few moments, this really moves the energy about and free concentrated stress from your being.