Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
- 1 cup organic raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1/2 cup almond oil (liquid)
- 20 drops of essential oils of your choosing
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil and essential oils of your choosing.*
3, Place oil mixture in freezer to chill.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
4. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
*Not all essential oils are skin friendly or child friendly. Please do your research before adding.
1. You can use what ever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.Clearly avoid oils and butters you may be allergic too. Just make sure you replace a solid for a solid and a liquid for a liquid.
2. The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. About 20 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick for this batch. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing.
3. It does not have to be refrigerated.
4. I do not know the exact shelf life but I know it will keep at least a few months, mind you mine never last that long..
5. The body butter melts as it goes on and gets a little oily but absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves your skin very soft.
6. Coconut oil and almond oil are quite easy to locate at your local health food store or supermarket
7. This recipe has been tested many times. If you don’t follow the recipe, you will not get the same results.
8. Many people ask for exact amounts of essential oils. I start with at least 20 drops of what ever oil I want to use and just increase slowly until I am happy with how it smells.